One of our favourite ingredients in our skincare products due to it's potent content of minerals, the beautiful wonder of the world to has so much to offer, here are some quick facts about the Dead Sea:
• At more than 1300 feet (400 meters) below sea level, the shores of the Dead Sea are the lowest place on earth you can walk without being underwater.
• Ancient Rome paid soldiers in Dead Sea salt rations called “salarium argentum”, meaning “salt money” in Latin. This ancient phrase became the English word “salary”.
• The Dead Sea is called the Dead Sea because, due to its extreme mineral content, there are no plants, seaweed, moss, or any fish or other creatures living in the water.
• Due to the high mineral content, the water is very dense and will push you to the surface allowing you just to float away.
• At around 30 percent mineral content, the Dead Sea currently ranks second as the saltiest place on earth. The current leader is a very shallow pool of water known as Don Juan Pond in Antarctica.
• The Dead Sea contains over 21 minerals, 12 of which are found in no other sea or ocean. The Dead Sea has the highest concentrations of bromide, magnesium, calcium, silica, sodium, and potassium of any natural body of salt water in the world.
• At over 1000 foot deep, the Dead Sea can produce a far greater amount of trace mineral rich salts than its nearest competitor, the 40-foot deep Great Salt Lake in Utah.
• Medical research and many studies have proven the usefulness of Dead Sea mud and salts in treating and preventing diseases such as psoriasis, acne, and rheumatism.